I am a Sophomore Undergraduate voice major in the school of music. My interest for voice and music started very young with my mother playing the piano and eventually teaching me a few things. I then began studying piano privately at the age of seven. Once I got to high school, it all took off. I joined choir, did all the musicals, and competed in competitions. Eventually, I even left my home town to go to a boarding school for the arts called Interlochen Arts Academy. Now I'm here. Enough about me personally, though. What I really wanted to talk about for a bit is my heritage.
I have an aunt who is a librarian/historian. As one would hope, given her profession, she loves studying about the past. This love has led her to compile every newspaper clipping, will, letter, birth certificate, etc. regarding our family dating back almost 200 years. In her search she found that our family originally came for the Alsace-Lorraine. Apparently the territory of Alsace-Lorraine was created in 1871 after the German unification into the German Empire at the end of the Franco-Prussian War. This was a result of Alsace becoming annexed with part of Lorraine.
Anyway... That's where my family was originally from. They came over in the early 1900's at the end of WWI.
I've always been interested somewhat in German culture due to my last name and learning about my heritage only fueled it further.
That's interesting -- I know the Alsace from the times I studied in Freiburg. It's very beautiful! Danke für den kleinen Hintergrund!
AntwortenLöschen… okay, and from now on the so far confusing time stamps should be adjusted correctly
AntwortenLöschen