For a course I had taken at Michigan State University, we were required to attend one of the films shown at an Independent Film Festival. I chose Philipp Stölzl's film "Nordwand" because I wished to watch a film in German so that I would be able to understand at least a bit of it. I am absolutely grateful that my professor required us students to attend a film, because I discovered one of my favorites. "Nordwand" or "North Face" is about the expedition by two Germans to climb the most dangerous rock face of the Alps... the Eiger. It takes place in the early 1930s where Hitler sought out for Germans to be 'the first' in all expeditions. It includes a great cast, with beautiful landscapes and costume production that are accurate of the time in which the story takes place.
Filled with such suspenseful moments in a hazy view during turbulent weather, you will fully appreciate this film if you enjoy foreign and independent films with great cinematography. Even more so, you will enjoy watching this film because it recounts the story of the two very proud and stubborn German climbers that took on the ascent of the Eiger.
I will not give away the ending... as well as most of the film which is almost always a scene of suspense. But... DO please rent this film, it is quite grand.
Und hier finden Sie den Trailer für den Film:
AntwortenLöschenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbXWyI2AqE&feature
Everybody I know who is climbing mentions the Eiger Nordwand at least 12 times in every conversation we have… And isn't there this outdoor fashion label with the fox named north face? Thank you for this movie review, I think it's time to watch it!
AntwortenLöschen