Montag, 23. Mai 2011

German Privacy

I couldn't say how much I could get behind the idea of somebody just barging in unnanounced after one knock as mentioned in the article, "Come On In, My Door Is Always Closed." I'm not a huge fan of people just coming in with hardly a warning unless it was previously arranged. I think this article is referring specifically to Bosses and higher ups, but I still don't support it. There have been many a political/office place scandal that, admittedly, may have not been such good choices, but with a one knock enter policy many more bigwigs would be caught with their pants down... literally.

I suppose such openness would force those behind the doors to behave in a more professional manner which probably wouldn't hurt. It still just seems so strange to me. I can understand if there is a pre-established relationship with the person the office belongs to, but to just come in after one knock seems rude. I suppose it's just another cultural thing that's hard for me to get behind because I'm so wired to the customs here in the states. When I'm in Germany, I will proabably still give the door three good whacks before puffing my chest out and barging in.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I think the article meant first of all office doors - and so you can assume that people behind it are at work if they are supposed to be at work. So, whether you are the boss, or just a customer at a governmental office in need of stamp for your visa etc - yes, you DO have to come in, or you won't get your issues sorted. :-)

    AntwortenLöschen