Montag, 9. Mai 2011
Nacktheit
It is very interesting to me how open the Germans (specifically East Germans) are with nudity. Even more so, that they are so comfortable with public nudity. It's just kind of amazing to me that the country is so at ease with the naked form that the German Chancellor's exposed butt didn't cause all that much of a stir. Like the article "Get Naked with the Germans" suggests, in the US, if a naked photo of the President were released to a tabloid, it would most certainly not go unpunished. That in and of itself says something about the German ease with nudity. Growing up with nudity being, for the most part, a taboo, it seems hard to think of it as anything but a private matter. I suppose there's no reason it should be though. Everybody has the same parts amongst genders, so who cares if it goes on display every now and then.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Yeah, I agree, and like I just said in my 2nd comment to Emily's blogpost and also Natasha is suggesting (when it comes to sunbathing), I think, the "it's just natural" is definitely a strong argument in favor to the nudist-ish. But of course this is a quite complex topic too (when it comes to sexuality, religion for exemple) and a bigger cultural difference (I remember having read in various contexts about Germans getting in troubel in the US because their kids were running around naked) we could probably discuss a little bit further!
AntwortenLöschen