Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011
Bargain Shopping
I feel that these megastores filled with nothing, but cheap goods is quite common here in the states. Places like Cosco and Sam's Club are just huge warehouse full of goods with no extra frills. I remember making occasional trips to Sam's Club with my mom when I was younger and thinking that the forklifts moved about as freely as the customers. Maybe the experience of going to these stores is much more horrific in Germany, though. It doesn't really matter to me what my shopping experience is as long as the prices are good. I suppose that's all these stores are trying to do.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Hey Austin, then you will LOVE Aldi and Lidl! FYI, the worst place ever I know is called "Netto", so you have to check that out, too. (It's sometimes just a bit rough because the employees don't have time to clean up and because they are so underpaid that they often don't even try to be friendly. But I think it's okay, as long as you are prepared for that. And then you can carry the money you have SAVED to the local market -- which would be only fair -- where you could throw it around together with Emily.)
AntwortenLöschen