Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011

German Luxury

As stated in the "Expose Yourself to the Culture" article, I enjoy so much going not only to saunas but to all spas. Whether getting naked or not, I persist to my parents that on any vacation, our hotel has a beautiful and luxurious spa! My favorite spa is in Calistoga, California... equipped with a thermal pool, mud baths, saunas, yoga, and revolutionary "sound chairs..." this place is amazing. I think it is ever so important that every vacation includes this "spa time." And for Germans I envy so much that they may go to the sauna or spas every weekend. Ever since my Oma was a secretary in Wiesbaden, she would stay at the Hotel Schwarzer Bock. Built in 1486, it holds a wonderful sauna and thermal water pools... this she speaks of as something she looked so forward to. Last spring when my Mother and I visited family in Wiesbaden, they insisted on having a spa day when we arrived. I was able to sit in a sauna, lay in the steam rooms and relax in the indoor and outdoor thermal pools. Many people do not appreciate themselves and taking care of themselves, may it be pampering or not... so I appreciate Germans and their support for spas and this type of luxury.

1 Kommentar:

  1. My friends in Germany actually ordered and installed a small, almost "portable" sauna cell in their basement, and from time to time one person from the family will disappear for an hour or so, and come back out all pink and happy after a steaming session.

    And to the question of "exposing" themselves - in my observation, it was always whatever a person is comfortable with - In all the saunas I've been to (e.g. at the fitness center I used to go to in Mannheim) there was a good mixture of covered and not covered people of all genders who happily coexisted (No starring :-) ).

    AntwortenLöschen