Mittwoch, 1. Juni 2011
Driving in Germany
The descriptions make it sound as though the Ann Arbor meter maids have learned a thing or two from the Germans. On the rare occasion that I have driven in town, without fail, I have gotten a parking ticket. Wether you're running in a building to pick something up whilst leaving your car for "just a second', parking at a meter, trying to park over night, or really just park anywhere at anytime... they'll get you. That's why, out misfortune and my own resolve, I've decided to go carless for as long as I can possibly muster. Public transit suits my needs just fine, especially with the ever increasing cost of our oil dependance. Plus, even if the drivers of the buses and taxis I take are not as good behind the wheel as I am, I don't have to worry about it because I'm not responsible for the vehicle. That in itself is enough incentive for me to give up driving. It's a lot of pressure to hurl that $20,000+ investment down the highway at 70 mph or more. I don't need that extra stress in my life. I get enough of that from my German class. My goal is live in cities where public transit is plentiful, until I retire to the countryside. In the country, I still won't need a car as I'll live in solitude, embittered by my lost youth.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Haha, das ich denke "das stimmt"!
AntwortenLöschen(Or, no, rather not.)