Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2011

Rebecca Patterson

Diese Studentin heißt Rebecca Patterson. Sie ist zwanzig Jahre alt und sie studiere an die Universität in Ann Arbor. Sie hat Deutsch und Moralisch und Politik Philosophie studiert. Sie ist nach Deutschland geflogen. Sie hat in Freiburg für achtundvierzig Woche studiert. Sie mag Musik und Literatur gern. Sie ist für die ersten Monat in Freiburg sie (mute) geworden. Sie hat Deutsch sind dramatisch und verführerisch gedacht (the German language is dramatic and seductive... while English is honest and easy). With this statement, I agree!

Rebecca's most horrible fear when traveling to Germany is actually speaking in German. She calls herself a Grammar Nazi because she prefers so much to be able to have the language written before her and to be able to double check herself. In her first blog entry, she quite often doubts herself... exclaiming that she will be the weird, quiet American girl and that once she would start speaking, she would butcher everything (Ich denke mich auch/I think I would too!). She grew up falling in love with the English language, reading literature since she was five and writing in journals since she was ten.

She feels as if she is abandoning (verlassen) the English language for German... but I hope to read on and see that she realizes how fortunate she is! I would love to be submerged and forced into a completely Deutsch area... to be all things German. I hope to be soon.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Comments will be coming on paper :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich verstehe nicht, warum Deutsch dramatisch und verführerisch ist -- aber ich freue mich natürlich, das zu hören. I also agree that the English language is easy, but also easily complex and beautiful… I'm not sure though about this 'honest'… I thought Germans were awfully direct; but maybe 'honest' means something else in this context?

    AntwortenLöschen