Montag, 13. Juni 2011

Sunday Drives

Although I am addicted to living fast-paced, I can relate so well to the discussion in the "Sorry, We're Closed." Not only for religious reasons, but I feel that what the article expresses is so important to all people's lives... people need to enjoy their time, even if it is not for a day, and simply relax. My mother always, maybe too much, reminisces about her "Sunday drives with my parents." She would sit in the middle of the bench-styled seat in the front of their car and they would simply drive and talk with one another. She talks of them stopping and fishing with her father, having a picnic with her parents, and being made to point to a cloud in the sky and they would drive there. My father as well participated in nothing more than walking about his farm in Missouri or playing baseball with friends on a Sunday afternoon... and being Catholic, Sundays were a religious and quiet day for his family. I am so thankful that my mother and my father have passed on their sense and appreciation of relaxation... sometimes I become anxious walking around my house on a Sunday afternoon, but I can always find my parents reading the Sunday Times completely content... and then I realize that I am so thankful.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I am sorry if we made it nearly impossible to have a relaxing Sunday with all the homework for the course! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen